I had the opportunity to work with the band Six Chasing Seven again a few weeks ago. They were finishing up a tour of New York and were off soon to California.
Archive for June, 2008
Kevin Hicks, Gospel-House Music expert and DJ, recently sent me a podcast. You can download it here.
First, I was impressed with Baltimore’s Aquarium, then more so by Seattle’s; and then I was sure the Monterey Bay Aquarium was the pinnacle. But recently I visited the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, and it became my new favorite. I also heard there may be a better aquarium in Europe.
For the price (free) however, I also thought the Aquarium at Santa Monica Pier was also nice. It’s more geared toward school-kids and does a good job tackling conservation and water quality.
This may be one of the most interesting thesis projects I’ve seen since being in Syracuse.
Here are a few books that should be on every business person’s reading list:
1) Let My People Go Surfing–Yvon Chouinard
2) True to Our Roots–Paul Dolan
3) How Did You Do it Truett or Eat Mor Chikin: Inspire More People–S. Truett Cathy
4) Talent is Never Enough or Thinking for a Change–John C. Maxwell
5) Take the Risk–Ben Carson, M.D.
6) Succeeding Against the Odds–John H. Johnson
7) The Big Moo or The Dip–Seth Godin